How Deezer used AppTweak’s API for its ASO reporting
Reporting on ASO impact is key to strategically prioritize ASO efforts and other marketing channels. Historically, ASO reporting has been a major challenge for Mohand Kabeche, Head of Organic Acquisition at Deezer, and his team. Given the company’s worldwide focus and data-driven decision-making approach, Mohand needed a solution to pull data regularly and automatically to report on the app’s global performance.
Major global performance needs included being able to:
- Save time on data processing and regrouping by analyzing and visualizing data in one place.
- Easily compare performance between different periods (mainly MoM & YoY) to evaluate growth.
- Easily share information on key markets to other teams and management.
When AppTweak launched its new API and provided the possibility to extract data from App Store Connect and the Google Play Console Mohand understood that accessing such an extensive mobile app database could help to better report on the team’s global ASO efforts.
The main advantage of using an API is that it enables saving time on data processing and regrouping. Making calls is easy; you just need to use a third-party tool to pull the data from AppTweak’s API and get it into your Data Studio.
The process that Deezer found to speed up their data processing and regrouping with AppTweak’s API was the following:
Using such a process enabled the team to analyze and visualize data coming from multiple sources in one place.
By using AppTweak’s API, Mohand and his team were able to pull app store data on a daily basis into Google Data Studio. This enabled the team to gather reliable data on each ASO campaign and monitor their KPIs’ performance.
Major KPIs the team has been reporting on are:
- 1st time downloads: To measure the amount of new users downloading the app, per OS
- Store conversion rate on iOS: Split by channel (Search, Browse, Web referrals & App referrals) to keep track of paid campaigns and measure the impact of marketing actions.
- Split of first time downloads & redownloads: Allowing to keep track of potential impact from re-engagement campaigns.
- Store listing conversion rate on Android: Split by source (search, explore, 3rd party referral) to keep track of the performance of different campaigns.
ASO teams are a repository of key market insights. Being able to easily share information on key markets to other teams was necessary for the Deezer team to show the impact of ASO and support the company’s global strategy.
“AppTweak helped the Deezer ASO team to showcase their work to top management and key stakeholders.”
– Mohand Kabeche, Head of Organic Acquisition at Deezer.
With AppTweak’s API, Mohand and his team were able to create their own dashboards to monitor the app’s aggregated download performance on both stores across their target markets. AppTweak’s API was also beneficial for making MoM and YoY comparisons and analyzing seasonality, given the vast pool of historical data available.
Overall, AppTweak’s API allowed Mohand and his team to have access to the entire Store Acquisition journey performances in one view. Today having access to such a view is helping the Deezer team to quickly identify the impact of an action on a specific time and make data-driven App Store Acquisition decisions.
We have been using AppTweak to power our ASO reporting since its early stage. It’s amazing to see how the tool has been evolving over the years. The addition of its API allowing us to extract data from the consoles was definitely a game changer for us.